Crowns in Salt Lake City
A dental crown is a type of dental restoration that is designed to fit over a natural tooth. It is custom-made to match the shape and size of the tooth it will be placed on. Once the tooth is prepared, the crown is permanently placed to provide a protective and aesthetically pleasing cap-like covering, all while restoring functionality to the tooth.
Crowns are dental restorations that are used to restore the functionality, strength, shape, and size of a tooth that needs to be restored. Crowns are considered necessary by experts at Allan S. Thomas Dentistry in the following cases:
- Protecting a cracked tooth
- Replacing a broken or rotting tooth
- Restoring size and shape to a ground-down tooth
- Covering a dental implant
- Closing space between two teeth
- Restoring functionality to a tooth that has undergone a root canal
Once crowns are placed, they require the same level of care as natural teeth. It is important to treat them with the same care and attention to maintain their health and longevity.